On a chilly winter day, on my way to Plymouth, I got stuck in London Gatwick as the runway at Plymouth Airport was frozen preventing any plane to take off. As an alternative, a bus took me across the Southern part of the UK. The perception was one of characteristic scenery merging seamlessly with unanticipated detail. It sparked the idea of perpetual excursion; I imagined a procedure that would suggest a given visual identity yet, it would equally have the capacity to renew itself in unpredictable ways. In other words, the challenge was to develop a dynamic system that would offer continuous change while guaranteeing overall structural integrity. The idea was formalised as a recursive algorithm, it represents an abstract circular visual world in perpetual transformation. The final result is a form of algorithmic (silent) cinema, a procedural movie which complexity reflects the parametric space implied in a recursive generative procedure.
You can download the program for your OS:
Index & News
You can read the presented papers of last 16 Generative Art Conferencse in the
The first issue of GASATHJ was published in this site the 1st of May 2012. The second in 2013.
You can download for free the GASATHJ e-journal at: http://www.artscience-ebookshop.com
Next issue, the 3rd, is planned in 2014.
You can send your own proposal for an article in upcoming issues by e-mailing it to:
gasathj @ generativeart.com
Please, register yourself (for free) for submitting online your own article or page, or for opening your own blog.
Once registered, if you like to open a page or a blog, send an email to:
gasathj @ generativeart.com
NEW! Download for free all Generative Art e-books and proceedings of GA conferences:
GASATHJ issue #1 - #2 (in progress)
- MusicaBlu. Generative Music Design
- Interview with Kurd Alsleben and Antje Eske
- PHYLLOTAXIS OF THE VATICAN PIGNA
- Computer Lithography - an Example of Science Art
- A Generative and Interactive Framework Enhancing Music Performances
- 3D Fractal Animations
- INIRE re-membering re-called - a second person narration in multimedia singing performance.
- Artificial Beings for Generative Art
- Paneling methods on complex surfaces
- Generative design: an interpretation
- Rhythmus in folding a page
- Interview with Herbert W. Franke
- Eternal Recurrence, Temporality, + Technology: how contemporary Computer Art can learn from early modes of Representing Time
- Generative Design
- Mandala Cruft
- Bio-Structural Analogies: Arms, Wings And Mechanical Things
- The Process of Integrating Polymedia in Blooms and Death
- The unit of vision : the concept of opsieme
- Variations around the Dragon Curve
- Data Mining, Forever, Green Architecture
- London Orbital
- Use of Art Media in Engineering and Scientific Education